Welcome to Transition Authority
The Transition Authority (TA) was established under section 4 of Transition to Devolved Government Act(TDGA) 2012 as a statutory body with the mandate of facilitating and coordinating the transition to the devolved system of government. The Authority is expected to execute its mandate within three years following the first General Election held on March 4, 2013.The Transition Authority has 17 members, nine of whom are full time and eight others,two of whom are ex-officio and the secretariat
The Transition Authority would undertake its mandate in Two Phases as specified under subsection (2),carry out the activities specified in respect of Phase One and Phase Two in the Fourth Schedule to the Transition to Devolved Government Act, 2012
Our Vision: "To have a seamless transition for better service delivery."
Our Mission: to facilitate the realization of a devolved system of government through effective coordination of the transition process.
Our Mandate: facilitate the realization of a devolved system of government through effective and efficient coordination of the transition process
News & Events
- Workshop on Information Sharing for Assets ...
- Advisory on the Transfer of Equipment held under the Mechanical and Transport Fund (MTF)
- Advisory on assessment and classification of urban areas and cities
- Classification of urban areas and cities based on resident population
- Advisory on human resource management
- Freezes the transfer of public assets during the transition
- Number of county executive committee members per county
- Vacancy in the office of county governor
- Transfer Of Functions To County Governments
- Regulations for transfer of assets and liabilities
- Progress made towards transition to devolved system of government